Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a little bit peeved about this.....

Options
  • 02-05-2002 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

It seems almost everytime i try to make a post i return the next time to find it deleted because some post policeman has deemed it unecessary for public consumption. This usually happens if i make a post that is less than 2-3 lines or even more bizarrely for no reason at all. Don't get me wrong i am in favour of the deletion of obscene/vulgar/flame-type posts but deleting a post for sheer brevity is just ludicrous. If a person wants to post stack so they can get a nice large number next to there name then let them, give their limited lives a fleeting moment of joy, they obviously need it.

Second gripe, i made a post offering to play someone over the Net in a multiplayer game on the Webgames board(a suitable place). Strangely enough it was deleted. No wonder the board gets no traffic when all posts are getting deleted from it, then again maybe Webgames has a completely different meaning from what i thought it was.

The same thing happened again on the business/economy board, i made a post asking if anyone knew of any sources, sites etc about the preformance of the Irish Economy, yet again, it was deleted. I'm considering not visiting these boards anymore because of this, of course not that it matters
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Question: Are you sure u are actually posting to these threads/boards? Don't take this the wrong way but it does seem mighty strange that posts you make are getting deleted from multiple boards. Either the mods on all the boards in question have somthing against you, or your not posting right or the post u are making are of mupptry of the highest order.

You're going to have to give us some examples of what you are posting n order to see whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I was thinking the same thing as keeks, the moderators of some of them boards are sound people and wouldnt delete without reason.

Screenshots would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

hmmmmm any proof that you psted there. Not doubting you but it is possible that you are lying. u seem to know how to pst you managed this one. So what else could it be? are they ever replied to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

are you 100% sure they wernt moved or just fell off the main forum page. try searching for them to see if they were infact deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd say they just went off the front page

Here's a post from RASKOLNIKOV for playing AG:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=414570#post414570

All posts here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=24042&sortby=&sortorder=&pagenumber=1

Have you got posts displayed only from the last 10 days?

(bottom of each forum has the option for "last day", 2, 5, 10, 20, 30..... days)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ok now i feel really stupid, i posted the message on the wrong board without realising it

It's like that time when i spent ages repeatedly typing in my password wondering why the hell it didn't work, opps the caps lock was on :confused:

Feel free to delete this diaretic spewage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

lol :)

Advertisement